Tuesday 17 July 2018

1st Birthday Card

Good morning!  I am back with another card for a little cutie's first birthday using lots of Doohickey dies and Magnolia stamps.  When I received my Doohickey 19 kit I was particularly inspired by the gorgeous accordian card by Jiwon.  I have never made one of these so thought I would have a go.  It was surprisingly simple to do!

All of the papers are by Maja Design from the Denim and Friends Collection.  I have used Adorable Edwin from the You Are Invited Collection and the Sweet Moon from the Sweet Crazy Love Collection.  I have painted both with Distress Inks before cutting them out to mount onto the centre panel of the accordian card.

I have used lots of Doohickey dies from the Volume 13 kit, Sweet Pea.  They are all perfect for baby cards.

When you open up the card it looks like this!  I love how it opens up so unexpectedly - expect to see more of these from me from now on!

The front panel swings into the middle of the card as you can see.

On the back panel, which also swings into the middle of the card, I have used the stars and cloud Doohickeys from Volume 13.
I have also used the sweet little elephant, tag and nappy pin...

...and the cuter than cute whale!  The one is from my stash.

 Here is what the back panel looks like when the card is closed.

I hope you like it and thanks for looking! x

♥

1 comment:

  1. Jane, LOVE this card! Is there a tutorial how to make the accordion card? Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete