Sunday 2 June 2019

Father's Day Motion Card



Good afternoon!  Today I would like to share with you the Father's Day card I have made for my dad featuring Fixer Upper Edwin from the Fixer Upper Collection and Edwin's Oldsmobile car from the Summer Memories Collection.


I have painted Edwin with Distress Inks using the no lines techique and added dots to his cheeks and eyes with a white gel pen before cuttin him out.  He is placed on 3D pads.  All of the papers on this card are by Maja Design with the exception of the paper I have used for the floor and the scene outside the window.


Edwin's Oldsmobile was also painted with Distress Inks.  I created a DAD numberplate to replace the CUBA one that is on the stamp.  I have covered the paintwork and windows of the car with Glossy Accents and the headlights with Stardust Stickles.


The window was cut with a Doohickey die from Volume 9 and I placed a section of paper from Pion Design for the scene outside the window.  I've added Glossy Accents to the window panes too.


The metal store ornament from my stash is a great way of adding some interest to cards for males.


The cute hammer and brush are charms from Craft Heaven.


I love using dies in different ways.  The ramp is made from the bottom of the Eiffel Tower Doohickey from Volume 3!  The oil patches are part of a stamp from the Magnolia Day Art stamp kit.  I just inked the larger splatters.

Watch my video to see how this card moves!  It took a while to figure out how to make the car move up when I wanted the pull tab to be on the side rather than on top but I love how it turned out!




I hope you like it and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment