Monday 5 February 2018

Swan Lake Theatre

 I'm so excited to share my first creation on my Magnolia blog!  I made this Swan Lake Theatre back in November on the Online Magnolia Day and actually realised today that I only posted it on Facebook, not on my blog!!  As my daughter takes ballet lessons I gave her the theatre as a decoration for her bedroom.
The base of the theatre is a recycled cardboard ribbon spool which I covered in some beautiful Pion Design papers around the outside.  I also used a scrap of paper that looked like wood for the floor boards on the stage.
 I painted Tilda and the swans with Distress Inks and then cut them out completely so that I could add them to the stage.
 I used the Heart Swirl Doohickey from Magnolia to create the vines to frame the sides of the stage.  I used some beautiful straws from Craft Heaven Shop topped with pearl pins for the frame supports.  I also added lace and some rose trim around the top of the theatre.
I also added some pretty flowers from my collection at the base of each straw.
 Here is the view looking down on Tilda from above the theatre.  I hope you have enjoyed viewing it as much as I enjoyed making it!  Thanks for looking! x

♥

3 comments:

  1. Huge Congratulations, Jane!! Shawn and I are thrilled for you :o)
    Big Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased they picked you - love looking at your makes xx This was a lovely project and I had wondered how you made it - not quite as I thought (a Pringles tin) !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS Jane!! WOW is all I can say!!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete