Monday 16 April 2018

Spring Shadow Box Card


Good evening!  I'm a little late blogging my All About Magnolia post today as it was back to work after the Easter holiday (sad face).  This month over at All About Magnolia Challenge our theme is 'All About Spring'.  A perfect excuse to use the super sweet Tilda With Little Chickens from the Sunbeam Collection.


I have made a shadow box card of Tilda standing underneath the Cherry Blossoms.  I love the sight of Cherry Blossom in the spring, I have one in my garden and it always cheers me up to see it!  I spent a very long time die cutting the tiny little lilac flowers from the Lilac Doohickey from last year's Summer Collection to create the blossom on the trees and all of the fallen blossom on the floor.  I have a photo of my daughter dressed from head to toe in pink, standing in a wood of pink Azalea that is above her and on the floor: this was the inspiration for this scene.


I filled the rest of the card with things that come to mind for me when I think of spring.  Primroses using some Prima flowers of the correct shade, umbrellas using the Umbrella Doohickey and some birds using a die from Vintage Box 5.


The leaf sprigs were also cut with a die from Vintage Box 5 and I added a few blossoms to them with the Lilac die.  The papers are all by Maja Design.


Another sweet bird and a few b

No comments:

Post a Comment