Tuesday 26 May 2020

Van Gogh Inspired Cafe Card


Good morning!  I am so excited to share my first card using the gorgeous Bella Notte Doohickey dies with you.  I had so much fun making this!  As soon as I saw the dies they reminded me of sitting on a restaurant terrace in the evening.  This in turn made me think of Van Gogh's The Cafe Terrace at Night painting.  I tried to recreate it, with some artistic licence of adding the lights, with a 3D scene card.


I used the Edwin's Town from the Spring Collection, stamped in black onto black cardstock, so that I could cut them out for the silhouettes in the background.  I created the sky using Distress inks and splashing with water to create the white droplets as in Van Gogh's painting.


I just love all of the dies in this set!  On the front of the card I have used the lamp post and the potted plant.  I have used the Cafe Chair and French Tea Party stamps from the Summer Memories Collection to create the cafe table and chairs.  As always they are painted with Distress Inks.


I ued the wall die to create the cobbled street, inking the edges of all the stones with Walnut Stain Distress ink before setting back in the 'cement'.  All of the papers on the card are by Maja Design from various collections.


  I added part of a lamppost in the background so that it looks like it is in the distance and used the leaves from the potted plant die to add the overhanging trees.



My favourite dies from this new set are the fairy lights!  How cute are these?  I have added them to the lamppost at the front and then attached them to different sections in the background so that it looks like the street is adorned with lights.


 Another aspect not in the painting, but I thought it be great if this little cafe had a view of the Eiffel. Tower, cut in glitter cardstock to give the appearance of being lit up at night.


I hope you like it and thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment