Sunday 21 April 2019

TOMIC Inspiration - Happy Easter!


Happy Easter!  I hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend.  We have made, and already eaten several, Easter nest cakes here and are looking forward to this morning's egg hunt!  You may have already seen today's project if you tuned into Magnolia's debut on Hochanda TV where my lovely team mate Becky created live on the show.  I'm sharing it today on the TOMIC blog.  I saved a pretty yellow egg box ready for decorating as an Easter gift - these are a great idea to give small eggs in.


I had to get an Easter bunny on here, of course, so I chose the sweet Tilda with Little Bunny from the Sunbeam Collection and painted her with Distress Inks as always.  I added Stardust Stickles to her head band and the frills on her pockets.  I also used the cute Sunlight stamp in the background.


To add some extra interest to the image I stamped her face and the bunny's tail twice so that I could decoupage the image.


I used the bird Doohickey from Vintage Box 5 and the recipe card from the Recipe Card Collection to cut out the image.


The sentiment is also from the Sunbeam collection and I've used the feather Doohickeys and flower spray Doohickey from Vintage Box 5 too.  The daffodils were created using the Daffodil Doohickey and stamens from my stash.  I made the little eggs from air drying clay before painting with white acrylic paint, inking with chalk ink and adding the speckles with a Distress Ink marker.


I added the same embellishments at the other side of the egg box.


I made a belly band for the egg box and edged it with lace Doohickey from Vintage Box 3, cut several times.  It makes such a pretty edge! 


I hope you like it and thanks for looking!  Have a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment